Friday, April 21, 2006

Blast from the Past

My girlfriend from Oregon called from the airport today and was on the way into the Big Apple!
What a surprise! She's a sorority sister (Pi Phi..U. of O...) and I see her about every 4 years, if even that, when she breezes into town. Breezes is a good word for her, 'cuz let me tell you, this lady is so full of energy and life and beauty. So I called and checked to see if I could cancel my work plans for the evening and spent a few hours shopping with my daughter. We had a bit of fun shopping at Lord & Taylor...got her 4 outfits, skorts and t-shirty type things and then went to try on some clothes in my department. I never get things for myself so she sweetly insisted that we get me something. I took in 4 or 5 things, outfits, colorful summer skirts and tops and looked absolutely ridiculous. What did I end up with? A nice skirt and top. Black. Oh, I'm such a New Yorker. It was a good way to spend a sunny day on spring break after all we've been through this week. My friend and I went for a nice dinner and I'm fixin' to hit the hay. Busy day tomorrow with my favorite three kidlettes. What about you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Quiet weekend really. I'm fixing to hang out with my oldest kidlet...errands and stuff. Have a great weekend Annie.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that was a nice surprise!

Enjoy your weekend.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Sounds like you had a great Saturday. You needed some relaxation after the horrific week you had. I am doing fine too.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home