Saturday, September 02, 2006

Summer's Over

Can't believe summer is coming to an end. Seems we packed so much into it. Can't believe my 14 year old son went to basketball camp in Erie, PA, worked at the preschool and his regular Wed. gig, went to Florida for a week with his friend and spent a week at Young Life sleep away camp at Lake Champion. He has hung out with his friends and done lots of cool things. He is really excited about his clothes this year. This is a first. I bought him four pairs of jeans last week and he went back yesterday and bought three more with his own money. How cute is that. He is excited to start high school.
Little Miss Lady turned seven this summer. She lost both her top front teeth, got her ears pierced, enjoyed summer camp on the plaza, and traveled with me to Greenport on the train for our special "girls only" vacation. I can't believe how lucky I am that just as my son is getting to the point in his growing up that he doesn't enjoy hanging out with "mom", that I get to spend time with my funny, beautiful, talented, sweet girl child.
Getting ready to get back to my candy production. I'm at the point where I need an under the counter freezer. Last year my entire freezer was taken up with my stock. This year the freezer is full of goodies from Omaha Steaks. Hopefully I will work this out in the next month.
Hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day week-end. It's a wash-out here on the East Coast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

All in all, sounds like it was a pretty great summer for your family Annie. You have two terrific kids...I can see how proud you are of them. It's so sweet to hear you talk about them.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Didnt the summer just fly by Annie? I cannot believe in a few days the kids go back to school. Where did the time go? Glad your back look forward to hearing from you.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kids did have big summers....and going to high school now? Wow. I bet you can't believe your little boy is so grown.

The summer did fly by....I am hoping the pretty autumn months will be slower to pass!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Buffy said...

Oh but Autumns are the best!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home