Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Beauty of Summer

Summer in the city. Son is working this week at the pre-school in our building at their camp. He is happy to have something to wake up for. Money to be made. Fun to be had. Little girl is loving her first year in the camp that our building provides for our 7-13 year olds. Tomorrow is trip day, and instead of going to the Yankee game she and I are going to get her ears pierced as her birthday present from me. Today I bought all the peroxide and alcohol and cotton balls that I think she will need. I'm looking forward to sleeping in and then going to the mall for her piercing!
Last night on the plaza, as they do many times over the summer, we had a show. Soul music provided by Bobby Harden. What a great night of music and amazing talent. Folks, it's been hot here in the Big Apple lately, but that didn't stop our community from turning out for one of the most entertaining evenings ever provided by Manhattan Plaza. Bobby, you are amazing! I love you and your beautiful wife, Pia. And thanks for the privilege of letting me care for your beautiful girls, Camilla and Olivia. Blessings to all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Smiles said...

Have a wonderful day my friend. I am thinking about you.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting...getting the ears pierced! I still remember doing that with my mom. Nice memory.

Sounds like a great night and you really must live in a nice building to have fun things like camp for the kids.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home