Monday, May 01, 2006

WEEK-END NEWS

I have to say that this week-end ranks up there as one of the best ever. Not that we did anything particularly special...just that we did a lot of different, little things....the weather was nice and we got a lot accomplished. Little girl and I returned books to the library and took our microwave popcorn pack to some POPCORN place in Times Square...it's famous, I just can't remember it's name...They had a promotion where you take your stinky old popcorn to them (sorry Orville) and they give you a super duper bag of their popcorn in return..."as seen on The Today Show". Their popcorn comes drizzled with chocolate or caramel or cheese or whatever. We ate lunch at a famous fried chicken place (thanks Colonel) and stopped and rented the video of "Woodstock" for my son, Longhorn, to view. He's doing a Social Studies exit project on Jimi Hendrix. (Don't ask...hopefully it's a cautionary tale, but Social Studies?)

When we got back to the homestead we noticed an old friend of my little girls whose family has been in Florida for the year to determine whether they want to move there or stay here. They have managed to keep their apartment in the meantime and....I'll cut to the chase....they were back to get rid of all their stuff and make the big move. Little girl and I went to their apartment and I got sooooooooooo much really cool stuff. Can't wait to tell you more, but gotta go to work. Part Two later....

3 Comments:

Blogger Smiles said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I am glad to hear it Annie.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Oh wasnt that fun to get new old things.. I cannot wait to hear what you got Annie..

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh someone further behind this week than me....that popcorn sounds very good. I like watching the old Woodstock footage myself.

So you didn't get to get an Idol post in either? We are terrible. Hope all is well and you and the little bits are healthy! Chat with you soon I hope.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home