Thursday, June 15, 2006

ALL-STAR CAFE--Good Food, Good Friends

The precious children in my daughter's class did such a good job putting on their restaurant. The hand-drawn menu covers, the host and hostess, manager, wait-staff, chefs, cashiers and busboys...the cutest thing I have experienced in a long time! I was happy that my parents could come and see it. The food was good as well. My little darlin' angel was a waitress and she did such a good job. They had made a sign for "No choking" and "No smoking" and that was funny...the pictures they drew were funny.
My folks came and hung out at my place until their car picked them up. All in all it was a good visit. Except for the little bit of self-righteousness that was spewn my way on Monday night, this visit would have to be labeled a success. Thanks for your comments friends.
Speaking of self-righteous...I went to a parent appreciation lunch at a neighborhood restaurant today...put on by my sweetie girl's school. Seems that in between my blogging and parenting I managed to give enough of myself and my time to qualify for a nice lunch and a lovely framed picture thanking me for my contributions. Always nice to get a pat on the back!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you deserve a pat on the back. I am sure you give quite a bit of yourself! Good job mom!


And kudos to your little girl for being such a star....I am glad you overall enjoyed your parents visit.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Smiles said...

You deserve a pat on the back..

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home