Saturday, May 27, 2006

Memorial Week-end

It's been so busy around here. Thank God for the three-day week-end. Yesterday I took the day off to go with my little girl and her first grade class to lunch at Mama Mexico on the Upper West Side. What a treat! And I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember if there has ever been another time that I ate Mexican and didn't have a margarita. Kind of a trip walking with a classroom of little ones to the subway station in Times Square and getting on the train with them all. I have to say the kids were great both on the trip and at the restaurant. This particular place gives school kids this experience for FREE, so check out Mama Mexica on Broadway between 102 & 103.
This week-end is fleet week here in NYC. Lots of people on their way to see the ships. Great summer weather. We took it easy today. Meandered over to the health club to get my six month membership that I bid for and won at a school auction. We are gonna go tomorrow and maybe Monday as well to swim and sun ourselves on the deck. My son will have his first guitar lesson on Monday early evening...something else I bid on and won at his school auction.
Hope all is well with you folks in bloggerville.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have alot of good stuff coming up...the gym, the boy's guitar lessons, sunning on the deck and swimming.

Isn't life different for us all? I couldn't imagine ME getting on a subway at Times Square yet you have first graders doing it.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Sounds like you are having a good weekend with your children. Yes as Deana said everyones life is different and its a good thing. Life would be pretty boring if we all had the same life. Take care Annie and have a great Memorial Day Weekend. Your in my thoughts..

9:18 PM  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

What a great time with those kids Annie. I used to love school things like that, but I've never done it in a place like Times Square. How great that you were a part of it. Have fun at the gym.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Suzann said...

Have a wonderful weekend - sounds like you have been having fun. Take care -

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Annie just checking on you again. It's Wednesday....what is going on in the big city?

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home