Sunday, June 11, 2006

Parents Part Two

This visit is going well. Knock on wood. I'm glad because I have spent a lot of time trying to heal the wounds that have come before. My journey has been a well-planned one. I have had the comfort of my relatives back in Oregon and my dear friends here in NYC. "It's their problem, not yours", I've been told and I have grown to agree with them.
Today at the pool my parents called my son over and surprised him with a graduation card and check for $500, so that he can buy the guitar he has been saving his money for. Grandpa and son had gone to the music district yesterday to look at all the guitars. My son was totally surprised by this gesture and psyched, to say the least.
Then about 20 minutes later they called ME over. I have to say, I was ready for the other shoe to drop. Oh, no, I thought, what did I do? Here it comes. Now what?
They started talking about a cruise they were planning on taking next year....and to make a long story short they want us to go with them...out of New York City...the pier is just a few blocks from our house...probably to Bermuda! I was surprised as well, and hope this is the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.
My father made some nice comments about the children and how well they are doing and what a good job I have done--and that means a lot. I am content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home