Monday, June 12, 2006

Parents Part Three

I told you. Tonight at the Mexican restaurant when I mentioned blogs--BLOGS I love--father gave me his opinion of the blogosphere and with Mom trying to calm him down and while he was explaining his contempt for all of us she was telling me that he helps build houses in Africa for homeless children, he made the point that people who write blogs are full of themselves and should be volunteering instead of wasting their time blogging.
Mom was next to me and touting Dad's virtues as a humanitarian although he doesn't really build the houses in Africa he helps make sure they are getting built I kept thinking "OH NO, GET ME OUT OF HERE. IF IT WASN'T FOR MY VIRTUAL PENPALS AND MY ABILITY TO SIT AND WRITE OUT MY DAILY JOURNAL, OR SMALL THOUGHT, FOR SOMEONE TO RESPOND, I WOULD HAVE A SMALLER SADDER LIFE, AFTER DIVORCING MY KID'S DAD AND HANDLING MY DAILY LIFE BY MYSELF.
I, who was never allowed to use my ex-husband's computer, and just got my first computer a little over a year ago, must say that I love my new friends and commenters... Joy, Deana, Sherri, Chelsea, Suzann, Gracie...
I'm off to sleep now. We will be attending my little girl's Restaurant that her first grade class will be running tomorrow between 11AM and 1PM. Grandma and Grandpa will be going as well and then they will return to Oregon. This has been exhausting. Thanks for listening, it's just me, as always, Annie Hall.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Annie,

You love us...and we love you; that's all you need to know. I've found that there are many people who don't understand the whole "blogging thing" and can't imagine what the attraction is. And because they just don't get it...or want to get it, their only defense is to ridicule it and those involved in it. It's okay, I just chalk it up to their opinion and little knowledge of what blogging is about and the value we find in it. Don't let your Dad's remarks get you down Annie. I have friends who just don't get it either; and I can live with that because there are so many more friends who do get it and who think it's a wonderful way to connect with people. Blogging is changing people's lives in so many ways....it's healthy, it's thriving, and it's here to stay.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know people like your dad but everyone has to have a hobby or interest that is for themselves. I do things for others too and this is a way to meet others from all over the world and make new friends. Sometimes it is nice just to feel like someone else understands.
We can't be out saving the world all the time. Hey next time he is in Africa have him straighten out Brad and Angelina....talk about full of themselves! lol.
Sorry he hurt your feelings. He just doesn't understand. Think how many parents didn't want their kids to even be artists or writers.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Suzann said...

Hey Annie - everyone has an opinion - doesn't mean it's correct. Sorry it was stressful - our parents sure can push our buttons, no matter how old we get. Grrrrrrrr! We love you and the are really happy to have you as one of our blog buddies. Take care. Hugs, Suzann

8:19 PM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Love you too Annie let it go in one ear and out the other...pffffffff

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home