Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Cute Show

Just got back from seeing my little girl's spring concert at school. How adorable to see the pre-K through 2nd grade students singing songs from around the world. My little miss lady had a nervous breakdown yesterday when she found out "Karen"** was planning to wear the same dress as her to the concert. My gal calls this dress her "Showstomp" dress. It's an American Girl dress that has a bit of sparkle to it. My gal cried that Karen was copying her, when in fact Karen wore this same dress to last years concert which to me meant that my gal was gonna be copying Karen. Oh, the drama of first grade fashion!!
After the nervous breakdown, we regrouped and I came up with an even better outfit for her to wear...white American Girl twirly skirt with lots of gauzy slippy layer things...a white tank top embellished with beads and sequins, and a short turquoise top that ties under the bodice. She was so happy! She looked beautiful up there in white standing next to Karen in her dress that was "Oh sooo last year!"
P.S. **Name has been changed to protect the innocence of the fashion victim.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fashion drama at such a young age. I went to my nephew's kindergarten program last week. They are all so cute up their performing.

Glad to have you back!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

These are the special times in our lives; the times when we take little pieces with us into the future...memory-makers. Beautiful.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Such trials and tribulations for 2nd grade. It only gets worse as they get older. Hee Hee sorry.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home