Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Good Food, Good Friends Indeed

It took awhile to recoup from their invasion, but with the little girl off to her Dad's and teen son staying here with a friend and then off to a Bar Mitsvah (sp?) on Sat. I managed to spend the day at Lord & Taylor taking advantage of their half-yearly sale. Afterwards I came home and went to the fish mongers and bought lobster to make myself a lobster roll for dinner. Coupled with a margarita or two I had a perfect Saturday night!
Sunday the children's Godfather Dietrich was in town for business and he and I had a delightful day together before the kid's came home. We had brunch at a fabulous restaurant 44 & X, and then came home and got caught up with each other's lives until the kid's insisted on coming home...they love their Uncle Dietrich. We played outside and then went to dinner at 44 and1/2 and sat outside in their garden and had the best food I have had in a very long time. I consider myself so lucky to have enjoyed the friendship of Dietrich for so many years.
When it rains it pours....my best guy friend from High School (in Oregon) and his family are here celebrating his daughter's graduation from H.S. (in Washington State) and seeing theater.
While his wife and kids went to a taping of Letterman last night, he and our High School drama director (he lives in NYC too) went to dinner. I went back to 44 1/2 and it was amazing yet again. And again, I feel lucky to have such long enduring friendships with Gary and Ken. We had a lovely evening together and I love them both.
My 14 year old son is graduating on Thursday night, and leaves for a basketball camp in Erie, PA on Tuesday morning. His first time at sleep-away camp. It's a short one, just until Sun. July 1st. I went to Modell's today and bought him lots of stuff for the trip, including a cool duffel, sport bag to use as his luggage. Lots of unds, and t-shirts and socks, basketball shorts, etc. Let's fact it, without Mom there to do the wash, he'll need lots of all those things. I'm excited for him. And feeling slightly emotional that he's going. It'll be great!
Glad to read Sherri and Gracie back from trips. Sounds like you had great times and great experiences.

3 Comments:

Blogger Smiles said...

I am so glad you had a good time with your friends. Your weekend sounds like it was fun.
Your son will have the time of his life at camp. Lobster on yummy.. Can I come to New York? I had a great time Annie it was so much fun.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you had a lot going on. Always good to have friends! And the lobster, yum!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Smiles said...

Where are you Annie? Miss you

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home