Tuesday, June 27, 2006

He's Off!

This morning my 5' 11" baby went off to camp. I'm worried about some parts of this journey that he is taking, but also excited about the prospect of his room and bathroom being clean for five days. Also, not having the honor of doing his laundry for a few days. It's a long bus ride to Erie, PA from NYC. I'm worried about the stormy weather that Al Roker just told me about. I'm worried that the bus driver will fall asleep at the wheel. And, okay, I'm just gonna say it--I'm worried that because he is the youngest young man and the only one of his ethnicity, that somehow he will be singled out, put down, pranked, or as he put it "jumped".
I pray that this is a good experience for him. May he be safe and sound and may he have the time of his life!

4 Comments:

Blogger Smiles said...

He will be fine your just being a MOTHER. He will come home and have had the best time of his life. I send a hug.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Smiles said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:37 PM  
Blogger wendela said...

Hope your son has a great time and no floods or sleepy bus drivers! I saw you over at Naomi's (oldold lady of the hills) b-day. :) I'll be back. Nice blog!

1:51 AM  
Blogger wendela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home