Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Little Miss Lady and The Tooth Fairy

She got picked up from school by her Dad yesterday and taken to her friend's birthday party here in our complex. When I arrived to pick her up the other mother's said, "Oh, I love her tooth necklace!" "What tooth necklace", I thought...she had gone to school with a dolphin necklace that her brother gave her. Turns out she had lost her first tooth at school and when that happens they put the child's tooth in a tooth-shaped container on a necklace for the kiddo to take home.
She was so excited! She's turning 7 in July and that's pretty late to lose your first tooth. Some of her friend's lost their first tooth in preschool. So last night was all about getting ready for the visit from the tooth fairy. What do you do in your family? When I was little I tied my tooth in a handkerchief and put it under my pillow. Sometime in my childhood I changed up that routine and left my tooth in a glass of water next to my bed. Little girl decided to go with the glass of water technique and wrote the fairy a lovely letter to go with it. She was excited to get a silver dollar this morning and a reply to her letter. Today's her last day of school...a half day....I love you sweet angel. Here's to a great summer!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting for her!

I bet she looks so sweet with her missing toothy! We got money under our pillows. Quarters I guess way back when I started, though I remember a silver dollar and green by the end of tooth losing times.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Smiles said...

When we were kids andlost a tooth it went in a glass of water and the next day a shiny new quarter appeared. My children had a little tooth fairy box that they would put the tooth in and a dollar would magically appear in the box the next day. Wonder what my grandchildrens teeth will be worth?? Hee Hee

4:22 PM  
Blogger wendela said...

Mine were put under my pillow and replaced by a quarter. My kids had a little yellow and orange felt duckie (that had a little velcro flap under its bill) that they'd put under their pillows with the tooth inside. The tooth fairy replaced the tooth with coins (I guess not much, actually. Our Tooth Fairy didn't pay much attention to inflation). They always loved it! One time I forgot (!!!) and my one daughter was crying the fairy forgot her. OH NO! I ran in (coins hidden in my hand) and told her we'd have to search the bed- maybe the coins fell out - we both looked carefully and sure enough, she found them. :)

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home